- 220+ Active searches
- 130+ C-Level, VP, and Head of Marketing searches
- 50/50 split between B2C and B2B clients
- Successful Onboarding 99.8% candidate retention rate past our guarantee period
- Leaders In Growth Marketing searches. RevelOne does more Performance Marketing/User Acquisition or Lead Generation/Demand Generation roles than any other firm.
- 30 Person talent team (and we’re hiring)
- Search volume is back in full swing thanks to a strong rebound in hiring that started in August and accelerated through the end of the year.
- Due to the breadth of scope, we’re seeing more start-ups split up marketing into 2 departments: Brand and Growth – but this comes with its own challenges and is not right for all companies (reach out if you want help on this topic).
- During the summer, Enterprise hiring continued strong after the initial shock of the Covid-related hit to the economy.
- In Q4, B2C hiring bounced back after many companies “overcut” their marketing teams and needed to rebuild their leadership and specialist ranks.
- Despite high overall unemployment this summer, 85% of our last 100 searches closed with candidates that were currently employed. Key specialist roles still require search expertise to identify, target, and vet the best people.
RevelUp: New Hire Impact Program
The first 100 days of any new role are critical to success. We recently launched RevelUp, a program to support our new hires by leveraging our experience as operators to help them achieve impact faster. RevelUp has been so well received by our clients that it is now included free as part of our search services and is a unique differentiator for RevelOne.
In the last several months, we’ve helped new marketing leaders in several key ways: as a sounding board for strategies or new ideas; assistance with major challenges & reducing risks; advice on org design and role scoping; referrals to vetted freelancers, agencies, & MarTech; and connections to the best subject matter experts to accelerate learning on key decisions.
Thought Leadership: RevelOne’s New Research on the Top B2C Marketers
We’re finishing up a detailed research project analyzing the characteristics of the Top B2C Marketers at successful VC-backed startups. The findings are fascinating, but they also have implications for our executive search clients as the research dispels several myths. It suggests where search strategies can be expanded to include more candidates from non-obvious pools. Like in the movie Ratatouille where “a great artist can come from anywhere,” top marketers come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
We will release the top-level findings through a series of articles publicly, but details and ad hoc answers to specific questions will be shared with our VC and PE partners and our clients.